DR . JESSICA MOORE, ND
Dr. Moore provides experienced guidance on safe and evidence-informed integrative approaches to whole person cancer care. She is available for consultation regarding cancer prevention, co-treatment (naturopathic therapies alongside your conventional therapy) and recurrence risk reduction. ”
Dr. Moore is a hospital trained Naturopathic Doctor with experience working in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings. She completed a highly competitive hospital-based 2-year residency at Southwestern Regional Medical Center of Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Tulsa, Oklahoma. During that time, she collaborated with surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists and other physicians to support thousands of patients through the treatment of their condition and post treatment to improve health and wellness. She has worked with a wide range of cancer types and stages periods. She is an avid public speaker and a published author of several peer reviewed articles .
- 2-year hospital-based residency – Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Tulsa
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, Phoenix, AZ
- Bachelor of Kinesiology – University of Calgary, Calgary AB
- Common conditions seen: allergies, asthma, fatigue, weight management, anxiety and depression, arthritis, chronic pain, heart disease, IBS, IBD, women’s health, menopause, sleep issues & kidney disease.
Any time you are working on your health, your diet or your lifestyle, you are making an investment in the success of your long-term health and functional status. Working on improving the status of your existing conditions and reducing risk factors are also part of Dr. Moore's Cancer prevention approach.
For patients with a cancer diagnosis, Dr. Moore frequently provides support and guidance for:
- Reducing side effects related to conventional cancer treatment
- Pre and post-surgical support
- Strengthening immune health
- Optimizing diet
- Metabolic maintenance, appropriate weight gain or loss
- Supporting gastrointestinal health
- Improving quality of life issues such as sleep, energy, mental clarity, mood etc
- Use of proactive natural therapies to help in the fight against cancer
- Recurrence risk reduction after cancer diagnosis and or treatment
- Supporting health & wellness after conventional cancer therapy is completed
For caregivers and family members of patients with a chronic disease, Dr. Moore believes self-care becomes vitally important:
It’s easy to get run down when you are dealing with high stress situations or increased expectations/tasks to do. If you would like to become a patient of Dr. Moore’s, she can work with you to help support your vitality, resilience and individual health needs/goals.
The goals of naturopathic or integrative medical care are diverse. Depending on your individual clinical needs, personal health goals, preferences and comfort level, treatment may include: diet, lifestyle discussion, botanical/herbal medicine, injection or IV therapy, homeopathy, acupuncture, cold laser therapy or other treatment approaches. Dr. Moore assesses compatibility between a patient’s natural therapies, conventional treatment, current medications, health issues and past medical history.
Choosing the right practitioners for your cancer care team can be a big decision. I invite you to meet me through a free 15-minute consultation where we can talk in person or over the phone and clarify expectations and services offered.
Dr Moore is licensed through the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC (CNPBC )and the Arizona Naturopathic Physician’s Medical Board.
– Prescriptive Authority
– IV Therapy